Side Mount License Plate for the Star Bolt
- Additional information
- Reviews (3)
- Product Notices
The Low and Mean side mount license plate kit is a great way to customize your Yamaha Star Bolt. This kit offers a vertical or horizontal license plate position along with a mount for the stock tail light. The brackets are made from 12 gauge steel or aluminum that has a very nice powder coat finish. The kit comes with a black license plate frame, zip ties, license plate lights, LM Sticker, and hardware. The license plate light wire will reach to the side mount, but you will have to cut the stock plug to wire in the light or wire it in to your preference. The LM sticker covers the hole in the rear fender left from the stock brake light.
What you need to know:
- R-spec shock reservoir will hit the stock LED brake light mounted to the side mount license plate holder in the vertical position. However, in the horizontal position we suggest the stock LED brake light mount to the outside edge, which will clear this R-spec shock reservoir. See image above.
- Check your state laws about positioning your plate vertical or horizontal.
- Non-USA license plates larger than 7 inches by 4 inches will need to be cut down and re-drill to fit properly.
- The stock brake/run wire harness will reach to the side to plug in the stock brake light.
- The license plate lights are not a plug and play, you will need to decide how you would like to wire this in. We have some suggestions in our install video.
- The “LM Bolt” sticker is a simple way to cover the hole in the rear fender if you relocate the brake light. Clean the fender well before you apply.
- Want to learn more, check out the feedback from the forum http://www.yamahastarbolt.com/low-and-mean/new-universal-side-mount-license-plate-for-the-yamaha-bolt/
- This product fits: Yamaha Star Bolt
- Installation time: 30 minutes
- Do I need a new wire harness when I move the running/ brake light to the side mount?
No, your stock wiring harness will work. Watch our install video to see how to re-route your wiring.
- Does the side mount license plate come ready to bolt on?
Yes this part is ready to bolt on besides the LEDs. You will need to wire in these LEDs to the wire harness.
- Do I have to remove my axle?
No, you only loosen the axle to make room for the mount and then re-tighten the axle to factory specs.
- Do I need a professional mechanic to install this product?
Professional installation is recommended but this depends on your own garage skills, please know your limits and watch our install video above.
|Dimensions||8 x 5 x 4 in|
Our standard order fulfillment is 4-7 business days.
Painted products are a minimum 3 weeks wait to fulfill.
Triple trees may take 12 weeks to fulfill.
Covered/Finished seat may take 4 weeks to fulfill.
LED products may take 2 weeks to fulfill.