Low Rider Finished Seat for the VStar 950
Seat could take 3-4 weeks to ship
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Product Notices
Low and Mean offers a really cool seat pan for the V Star 950. The Low and Mean Seat Pan is 1.50″ lower than stock seat pan and we shaped the Seat Pan to flow from the tank and into the rear fender. With the Seat Pan offering a lower riding position this makes you feel like you’re sitting in the V Star 950 instead of on top the V Star 950, giving you a feeling that the motorcycle is apart of you. The seat pan attaches similar to stock, however the bracket that is bolted to the rear fender will need to be removed and replaced with a Industry tough dual lock Velcro. This Low Seat Pan comes with all hardware to attach your seat to your bike which includes the mounting plate and 2 capped bolts for the latch, Industry tough dual lock Velcro, and instructions. If you are going to remove the rear seat you can add 4 custom chrome caps for an additional $10.00.
What you need to know:
The 4 chrome caps are meant as a simple fix the front 2 will snap in with just a little bit of silicone holding them in place but the back 2 caps will need a little extra silicone because of the recess’s in the frame. A few other options you can do is paint the 4 bolts and screw them back into the fender or get some custom chrome caps that will attach to the bolts.
What you need to know:
- The Complete seat has a vinyl cover and open cell foam. We use a protective glue to bond the cover to the seat foam, but this seal is not water proof but water resistance. Please have caution when washing your motorcycle, driving in heavy rain or leaving your motorcycle in the rain for long periods of time. If necessary you could drill 1/4″ holes in the bottom of the pan to help drain any water
- This product fits The V Star 950 manufactured by Yamaha
- Install time: 1/2 hr.
- How does this compare to the my stock seat?
We changed the shape and height of the seat for more comfort and style.
- Will this still work with my passenger seat?
Yes, but if you would like to remove the rear seat you can add 4 custom chrome caps to your order for an additional $10.00.
- How does the back of the seat lock down?
We used an industrial dual lock Velcro on the back under side of the seat pan with another piece of Velcro attached to the rear fender.
- Can I put any kind of seat cover on this?
Yes, as long as the cover is made to fit around either our foam or the custom foam you will have made for your seat pan.
- Can I staple into this seat?
No, fiber glass does not receive staples will. We usually glue our seat covers to the back side of the seat pan.
- Will I have to relocate the tools under the seat?
Yes, the custom seat pan is a little lower to the battery, so the tools and holder will not be able to fit in the pocket that existed between the stock seat and battery.
|Dimensions||18 × 16 × 8 in|
Our standard order fulfillment is 4-7 business days.
Painted products are a minimum 3 weeks wait to fulfill.
Triple trees may take 12 weeks to fulfill.
Covered/Finished seat may take 4 weeks to fulfill.
LED products may take 2 weeks to fulfill.